The Tempest: The Isle of Noises

The Tempest: The Isle of Noises



By: Frank Cottrell Boyce
Reader: Julian Rhind-Tutt
Source: link

Sample:
My name is Ned Blood. I am afraid of no man but I am scared half to death by
thunder and lightning. Every night for the last six months my dreams have been
filled with the sound and flashing of a terrible storm. I wake up and cry to God to
never let me dream again.
A day in October when the sky was bright blue, I was walking by Blackfriars and
heard that self-same thunder from my nightmares. I cried out in fear.
‘What is it, lad?’ said a stranger standing close by.
‘Thunder in bright broad daylight,’ I said. ‘I think some devil must be after me.’
The stranger laughed and told me come and look. He was standing by a strange
device - a kind of wooden see-saw with a groove down the plank and a metal ball in
the groove.
More


Labels:

Post a Comment

[facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.